Google Search

Saturday, January 9, 2021

My DMV Clinic Acne Journey - January 2021

Hi everyone! It's already 2021 and we're still stuck at home because of Covid. But the good thing is that we are now able to go out for important things. Yesterday I went to a derma clinic to have my acne checked. I originally planned to do CO2 Laser for my acne scars, however I still have active pimples so I had it checked first, and the doctor prescribed some stuff for me to use. I will be sharing my journey from today until I get the result I wanted.

For those who wants to know, I went to DMV Clinic here in Cebu City. I actually found the clinic by searching online as someone posted a vlog about his CO2 laser journey. I was intrigued and wanted to see if its going to do wonders for me as well so I went yesterday. After the doctor checked my current acne condition, she asked me to use the products below for a week and by next week, I'll have my first session of CO2 Laser.

L-R: DMV Skin Remarkable Face Radiance Toner, DermSkin Acne Clarifying Soap, Derma Views Acno-Lyse Cream

The items I purchased were not exactly cheap, so I really need these to work haha. Also I had to pay Php 500.00 for the consultation fee. Ouch! But if this is what it takes for my skin to get better then I am willing to sacrifice. Anyways, I'll show the products I was prescribed and maybe post a review about them next week to see if it works.

DMV Skin Remarkable Face Radiance Toner

This is the toner I was prescribed. It contains Glycolic Acid 5% which I think is good for acne prone skin. As per description, it can clear acne scars and even skin tone! Hopefully it can really get rid of my acne scars.

DermSkin Acne Clarifying Soap

I think this soap was the cheapest at Php 280. I am currently using a facial foam but I'm ditching it for this soap as I wanted to religiously follow the doctor's advise of using the products she recommended. Soap smells good and it hasn't caused any irritation so far.

Derma Views Acno-Lyse Cream

I think this cream was the most expensive product I bought so I need this to really work! Haha. I am not familiar with this brand and it says its made in France. It really really smells good too. The doctor said to apply it only to the acne scars but because it smells so good I am tempted to put it all over my face. This one is to be used at night only.

Since I plan to blog about my journey to clear skin (hopefully), for reference this is what my skin looks like at the moment. I really don't want to share it but I wanted to see if there will really be a difference so here it goes! I obviously have a lot of acne, scars and marks on my face which I've had for years. My pores are also very visible as I am have oily skin, which is another problem.





And there you have it! 2021 has not been off to a good start but I am really hoping that this year will be the year I get to see myself in a better light with clear skin. I'll post an update about the products I am using next week to check if there's any change. I'll also be posting an update about my first CO2 Laser by next week which I am excited about. 

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to acne, regardless of its type, the factors that contribute
    to it emerging are the same and the result at the base is always clogged pores.
    https://www.scienceskincare.com.au/s/stories/solutions-for-adult-acne
    Solution for acne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the follow up on the this blog?

    ReplyDelete