Google Search

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Review: Dermaction by Watsons Daily Facial Cleanser (For Acne Prone Skin)

Finally got the chance to use this facial cleanser from Watsons that I bought a few months ago.. What pave the way was when I lost the soap I was using. I was really worried because I have no other soap to use, and I definitely dont want to go back to using the other products I have already tried but unsure yet if I should continue using them. And then I saw this bottle on my dresser and realized I haven't tried it yet. Yep, saved by the bottle. Haha.


This cleanser actually came in pair with a moisturizer, but I cant find that one now. The brand is called Dermaction by Watsons. Hmm, maybe they now have their own product brands. This is my first time to try out this brand, and since I have been buying stuff from Watsons, I had no doubts whatsoever about this specific cleanser.


Since I am much prone to yucky oiliness and grease on my face, I chose this type which as the bottle says is suitable for normal to oily skin. I am hoping that even if the effect is only temporary, at least even for a few hours I wont bee seeing too much oil. Haha

Reading through the label, i found out what the product claims to do. At the end of the review I'll be talking about each claim but as for now, here is the list of claims.

- removes excess sebum, dirt and make up
- pH balanced
- non-drying

On the back of the packaging you can see more details about the product.

Composition:  Aqua, Disodium Laureth Sulfoscuccinate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Hydroxyproplmethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Oleanoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate,Parfum, Methylparaben, Polysorbae-20, Panthenol, Tetrasodium EDTA. 


And since its a small sized bottle, I actually was able to bring this with me everytime I travel. But I'm not really sure if they have this product in bigger containers or they only have it in this size.



The only way to open the bottle is to squeeze open its top. I would prefer if it came with a pump, spray or even the squeeze tube type, but nah I was left with no choice but to open and close the bottle everytime I use it.


The cleanser actually surprised me with its watery content. I was expecting it to be like most cleansers I have tried. Perhaps that's why it didnt came with a tube that you have to squeeze for the contents to come out because the cleanser is actually in liquid form. Not only is is like water, but it really does look like water because its colorless. And the scent? Id say this is something that they would say non scented, but still there's a faint smell or something, but its tolerable and I like the smell.


After using it for days I found out that it doesn't give me breakouts which is a good thing because usually I'd go bad after using most commercial beauty products. To sum up my observation, here are some of the pros and cons that I have observed while using this product

PROS:
- nice smell
- comes in small sized bottle, perfect for travel
- does not create bubble or foam that much
- does not dry my skin or irritate me
- does not give me breakouts
- cheap and readily available
CONS:
- quite a hassle to open
- a little messy since its watery

Obviously, the positives outweigh the negatives, which are just petty cons anyway. So if asked if I would recommend this product? I'll say yes, if you are willing to try a new product. After all, its quite affordable and is sold at Watsons, you can easily find one and try it out to see if the result will make you happy. As for me, Im going to buy another bottle once I finished this one.

3 comments:

  1. this sounds interesting, im wondering if it prevents breakouts or pimples, i have same skin type oily-acne prone >,<
    ~aMz/aiMee http://amz88.blogspot.com/ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I Really appreciate your post and also say thanks for this facial cleanser info!

    ReplyDelete