Google Search

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Review: Mistine Dolly Big Eye Waterproof Mascara

Who would have thought its December in a few days already? My birthday is also coming up and I feel so old now, but it is what it is. Anyways today I'll be reviewing the mascara I got from my Mistine PH Haul from Lazada. Spoiler: I may have found my new favorite mascara (it used to be the one from Fashion21). So continue reading to know more about this product. 


The photo on the packaging is really very enticing ang promising, as I originally wanted to get eyelash extension but I'm worried about the after result. I don't want it to be too noticeable, plus I'm scared that my lashes will be damaged and might start to fall off haha. Since my lashes are no longer curled, I will go back to using my Luxe Organix Eyelash Castor Oil to achieve longer eyelashes again.


Since this is originally a Thai product, the details on the back are mostly in Thai too which I can't read or understand but I don't mind. I've been a fan of Thai products for years already so I know I can trust this brand.


Packaging is pretty standard for a mascara and this isn't an exemption. It is housed in an orange colored tube which is pretty sturdy for my standards and its also handy, which means you can bring it with you anywhere in your make-up bag without having to worry that it will take too much space.



The expiry is also printed on the packaging so its easy to tell if the product is about to expire or not. 


This is how the applicator looks like. Its straight, not curved like which I've seen mostly in curling mascara. Since this one claims to give you big dolly eyes, I guess that's why the wand is just the standard straight one.





Now here are my lashes after application of the mascara. Please forgive my unkempt and not so tidy eyebrows, I've been too busy with work that I didn't have time for anything else.

Before application - No mascara on both lashes

Before application - No mascara on both lashes

Before application - No mascara on both lashes

After applying the mascara on one eyelash, I can really see the difference. The packaging wasn't kidding when it said "dolly big eyes" because that was my first impression! It reminded me of the term "spider lashes" because of how it looked, and maybe the way I applied the mascara wasn't the best way to do it but I really liked the result!

After mascara application - one coat

My lashes are a bit longer already but you can really see the difference between the eyelash with mascara and the one without. It looks more defined with the mascara and the eyelashes does look longer.


On this photo it looks a bit dirty and clumpy, but that's my fault for not applying it properly. It's best to shake the mascara bottle first before applying to avoid the clumping of the lashes and the mascara. 


Overall, I am really happy with this product. I will definitely repurchase it because it does its job pretty good for me. I think this might replace my current Fashion21 mascara. Hopefully it goes on sale again or I wish we can go back to travelling again so I can buy more of this in Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment