Google Search

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Skin Station Diode Laser Underarm (1st Session)

I purchased a Diode Laser Underarm package from Skin Station last January, and at the time the promotion was for Php 4999 for 8 sessions. Their promos change every now and then and at the moment it is actually better because for the same price you get 8+1 session. Such a steal! Anyways, the session can be done at 6-8 weeks interval, or depending on the growth of your underarm hair. 


Warning: This post will be a bit lengthy cos I will blog the whole 1st session and the aftermath after 7 days. 

This is actually a very late post, as I had the first session last January 15, 2021. This is how my underarm looks like prior to the procedure. Please no harsh comments haha. I know it is hairy as I only really shave when I have to (example: swimming), but other than that I let it be as I only wear shirts and no sleeveless anyways. Also I shave the hair so I guess that could also be the reason why the hair is thick on this area.


They've also sold me an aftercare package, which as some would say was optional but it was my first time and I didn't realize it was an add on purchase so I just said yes, only to find out that these products are sold separately! Haha. I couldn't remember the actual amount but I think the cream costs Php 200-200 while the cleanser was at Php 400-500.



What's Inside:
  • Dermax SoGentle Gel Cleanser
  • Post Laser Cream
As per instruction, I should be using a gentle cleanser for my underarms to avoid irritating the skin after the laser procedure. The attendant said it should easily last prolly 3-4 months with twice a day usage. The post laser cream was advised to be used twice a day for the next three days, or if irritation occurs, which thankfully didn't happen. I hope the products last for all 8 sessions so that I won't have to repurchase. For the cleanser, if it does run out even before the whole 8 session is completed, I'll just replace it with any gentle cleanser like Cetaphil as the attendant said it is similar.



I will now be showing and giving a few insights of the whole Diode Laser Journey for the next 7 days below. Again, please excuse the photos as my underarms are really dark with uneven skin color plus chicken skin. I'll have to research on procedures and products to use to lessen those problems but for now, I'll focus on reducing my underarm hair so that I can finally wear cute outfits without having to worry about my hairy pits lol.

Day 1


Photo is taken inside my room with the windows closed and my curtains on so it seems a bit dark but the photo is unedited sans the collage and watermark. As you can see I have chicken skin and discoloration on my underarms. Its the first day after the Diode Laser and I can already see some hair growing. I only shave my underarms if I will go swimming so my hair is really thick on this park, prolly because of shaving. I am only at home as well so I haven't applied any deodorant so far, just washing the area with the soap and applying the post laser cream afterwards.

Day 2


Photo was taken in a different room with lights on and with flash. There are instances wherein I would feel a slight tingling sensation on my underarms, but nothing serious. Its just like a second of pain which could probably mean nothing, I suppose. When I apply the cream or when washing the area, I can feel the hair growing back but so far it still looks okay, just like how it is a few days after shaving and the hair starts to grow back. I've been reading blogs about Diode Laser and most of them claims that the hair will just fall off after a few days. I'm still waiting for that to happen haha but so far so good. I'm also just reading reviews for Diode Laser for legs this time as I'm interested, but only when I see good results in my underarms.


Also, above is a zoomed in photo of my underarm wherein you can already see the hair growing back. I think its really going to take a couple of sessions for the hair growth to reduce but its fine cos I have 7 sessions remaining. The only down side is that I can only do it once a month the earliest so its going to take me the whole of 2021 I guess.

Day 3

Today is the last day of me applying the post laser cream (twice a day), unless irritation occurs which I hope doesn't happen. I'll continue to post daily update with photos until the 7th day to see any difference or if there's any fall out already. So far I can see that hair is starting to grow as evident in the zoomed in photos. Also it really looks thick and some even have two hairs coming out from one area lol. Underarm is still dark with chicken skin, but to be fair the attendant did say diode laser is only for hair reduction and not for underarm whitening. I'm still researching for underarm whitening procedures but might look into whitening products first. I currently have two in mind, Skin Potions and Luxe Organix but I still have to look into more reviews as I don't wanna waste money as well.

Day 4


4th day after the laser session and I am happy that I didn't experience any irritation, specially since I am no longer applying the post peel cream. No tingling sensation was felt as well so I hope that there will be no problem in the future.

Day 5


On the 5th day, the hair is now a bit obvious as they've grown quite longer. I tried to pull out one hair to see if it can be removed easily but it didn't budge. I guess its still too early to say that the hair will fall out by itself like what others have experience.

Day 6

6th day after the laser session and so far I don't see that much change. The hair is still growing but what I did notice is that unlike before when I shave my pits, the hair grows back fast. This time, it seems that less hair is growing back already.

Day 7


So this is what my underarms look like after a week. As you can see, the underarm hair is growing back, but it doesn't look as thick or as long as before. I guess its still too early to tell but so far I am loving the results of my first Diode Laser. I am looking forward to my next session and hopefully the hair growth will be less by then. I'll post an update soon before I go for the next session to check on the progress 6 weeks after the 1st session.

7 comments:

  1. waaah thank you so much for this blog, very helpful po kasi nahihiya na ako mag ask sa mismong skinstation, buti nalang you explained it all na on this blog po huhu thank you po <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome po. At first nahihiya din ako but I really wanted to try it cos minsan nakakapagod na din mgshave. I must say no regrets tlaga. I still have a few hair growth pa din pero super iba compared to shaving. I still have 2 sessions left and so far happy ako sa result :) Will probably continue after my 8 sessions as touch up nlng, they said like once or twice a year depende sayo.

      Delete
    2. Any updates po sa progress ng laser nyo after a year? Thank you

      Delete
    3. Hi po, I havent had the chance pa to post the update but so far po with all 6 sessions I am super happy. di pa din achieve ang no hair na but here's what ive noticed: sa 5 and 6th session, iave had 3-4 months in between session and even if may hair growth, it is very small, thin and barely noticeable. mag 4 months na since my 6th session and konti pa din yung growth so sayang if i go for my 7th sesh na. baka sa May na ulit ako mgpa laser kasi sayang din. But overall I a really glad I bought the package.

      Delete
    4. Done with my first session last December! If 6-7 weeks po balo, sa Feb ko na po ba i-continue yung 2nd sesh ko po? Post laser cream lang yung pinapurchase sakin. Hoping you will able to update on your UA diode journey po 😇

      Delete
    5. congrats po! d lang ako makacomment as signed in sa blog ko. but yes suggest po nila yan na at least 6 weeks daw pagitan para mas effective. nasunod ka yan during the first few sessions pero nahirapan ako with covid and lockdown kasi ngclose sila, tas quarantine2x dn sa city so ayun. nakabalik ako mga after almost a year haha pero goods pa dn naman. so far napansin ko ang nipis na ng hair and konti nlng natubo kahit ilang months pa. hindi ko dn ginagalaw UA ko. i only have one session left and hopefully d ako tamarin i publish ang drafts ko about it. balik ako dito after my final session :) and then after sguro kuha nlng ako ng mga 4sesh na package for maintenance hehe mga once/twice a year sguro.

      Delete
  2. congrats po! d lang ako makacomment as signed in sa blog ko. but yes suggest po nila yan na at least 6 weeks daw pagitan para mas effective. nasunod ka yan during the first few sessions pero nahirapan ako with covid and lockdown kasi ngclose sila, tas quarantine2x dn sa city so ayun. nakabalik ako mga after almost a year haha pero goods pa dn naman. so far napansin ko ang nipis na ng hair and konti nlng natubo kahit ilang months pa. hindi ko dn ginagalaw UA ko. i only have one session left and hopefully d ako tamarin i publish ang drafts ko about it. balik ako dito after my final session :) and then after sguro kuha nlng ako ng mga 4sesh na package for maintenance hehe mga once/twice a year sguro.

    ReplyDelete