Google Search

Friday, February 19, 2021

Fractional CO2 Laser from DMV Clinic - 1st Session Review and Experience

Today I'll finally be sharing the results of my first CO2 Laser Session from DMV Clinic. I ahd the session last January 15, 2021, however I only got the chance to write down my experience and everything today so this is a bit late but these are the photos and my experiences during the first week of the CO2 Laser procedure.

Warning: Post is quite long and is picture heavy, wherein photos are a bit awkward but I'll put it out here for reference so anyone who wants to do the same thing will have an idea as to what's going to happen.

For starters, this is my bare face before the procedure. I think the active acne form last week has dried up so I am now left with the scars, plus the old scars I have on my face, specifically on my cheeks and on my nose.


After the procedure, the doctor has prescribed me new set of items to use. First, I am not allowed to wash my face with soap (prescribed before) as it might irritate or it might be too harsh for my skin. I am also not allowed to use the toner (prescribed before) for the same reason. What I was advised was to spray the Avene Thermal Spring Water twice a day (or as needed). After that, I am to apply the Hydrocortisone Erythromycin Cream twice a day as well. Both products will be used continuously for the next 7 days.


Day 0
So its been 8 hours since the procedure and I have already felt a slight burning sensation on my face. I was also wearing a mask the whole time as I was at work still but the pain isnt something to be worried about. Its tolerable and somewhat similar to a sunburn. I checked myself on the toilet and this is what I saw - redness on my face. I swear my face looked okay after the procedure so imagine the shock I had when I saw that my face is colored red. Good thing I was wearing a mask, otherwise people might think I had an accident haha.


When I went home, it was roughly 12 hours since the procedure. My little sister was still awake and when she saw me she claimed my face is so red! I then checked myself in the mirror and yes, its redder than the photos earlier. Photo was taken with flash by the way so it might have emphasized the redness but it really is red. No more burning sensation at this point, and I immediately sprayed the thermal spring water prescribed by the doctor as well the cream. My skin felt rough too and there were little bloody spots on my chin.


Day 1
Good thing I had the procedure done on a Friday, because I think the next couple of hours after the laser session is one of the hardest as I think that's when your face turns really really red. The next day, although my face is still red, but its not the same as last night. I didn't have to go out today which is a good thing as I don't want to wear a mask to avoid possible irritation if the mask will touch my skin.


So 24 hours after my first Co2 Laser and my face is still red. The laser marks are very visible plus on my jaw part the dots are somewhat reddish in color which makes me think its blood haha. I have already washed my face as well and applied the cream prescribed to me. No peeling yet, just pure redness all over my face, as well as tiny dots on my face which could be due to the laser. You can zoom in on the photo for a closer look, but beware as it might gross you out.

Day 2
My face isn't as red as yesterday but I can still see redness all over my face. Also the laser marks are still very visible, as shown on the lower right photo above wherein you can clearly see the dotted marks when zooming in. Also I've noticed slight peeling on my chin part, its like scab or something similar. Skin still feels rough like sandpaper specially on the side part of my forehead where the dotted marks are very visible. It looks like I was runover by a car and the tire marks are on my face lol. I cant wait for this to heal completely and see the results of the first session! Really really hoping for something good because CO2 Laser is expensive :( But I have to endure and save if I really want a better skin.


Day 3
Some of the scabs and dry skin is gone, but I didn't forcefully do it. I was applying the prescribed cream when some of the dead skins and scabs are removed. Of course for hygiene purposes I had to remove them as it looks gross if its just sticking on my skin. I used the end of a cotton bud to gently wipe away the dead skin. Although not all were remove, specially those around my forehead and nose. 


As you can see in the photo below, the laser marks are still there and my forehead still looks like I was run over because of the dotted marks lol. On my cheeks though where most of the dead skin were removed, you can see a new layer of skin I suppose? Its a bit red plus I think I have new pimples popping (hopefully not a breakout). But then again they say it takes a month for the skin to heal, so I'll continue posting updates for a week and then prolly post another update after 2 weeks or a month to see if there is really an improvement and if I should go back for another session (if its working on my scars). To be honest, I really want to continue with another session as I have high hopes for this. Since its really expensive, I wanna make sure that its effective specially on the raised scars on my nose. 


Day 4
Today is the 4th day post laser procedure and most of the scabs are gone, except for the dotted pattern on my forehead. I'm not really sure why. Also because of the laser pattern or the dotted design on my forehead, its rough to touch as well.


Up close you can see the scabs and dead skin on my cheeks, revealing the skin underneath. It's mostly obvious after I take a bath. When I spray on the spring water and apply the cream, some of the dead skin will be removed.


Day 5
Healing has been continuous and so far most of the dead skin has peeled already. Too early for any visible changes but I'm glad that my face looks better.


Day 6
No visible changes but peeling has subsided now. I know the doctor said no soap for the mean time but I wanted to clean my face properly so I finally washed it with the soap I was prescribed before. It didn't hurt or sting which was a good thing.


Day 7
Finally a week after the laser procedure and the redness, peeling and the laser scars are mostly gone! I can now go back to my old skin care routine which consist of washing with the soap, toner and the cream at night.


Please note that this laser procedure was done last January 15, 2021 and the one week journey I'm posting was until January 22, 2021. This is really really late, but I'll post another blog showing the update after a month, just before I go for the 2nd CO2 laser session.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you For sharing a beneficial information.Also visit my article Fractional co2 Laser

    ReplyDelete