Google Search

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

REVIEW: Teranex Gentle Exfoliating Beauty Soap

I have recently started using this beauty product, but after a month of using it, I am now able to post some results and my review about this soap - the Teranex Gentle Exfoliating Beauty Soap. I am not familiar with this brand to start with, but I saw a tiktok video about this soap and the comment section was filled with good reviews and most of them are saying their dermatologist recommended this particular soap so I decided to try it out.

I bought this from my local Mercury Drug Store, and I wasn't able to check the price but it should be somewhere around Php 150.00 to Php 200.00. This wasn't on their aisle but it was on their counter where the medicines are, so if you don't see it, you can always ask them.

PACKAGING
It looks fairly simple, just your regular box with the label on it. This was piled together with another soap which I believe was from the same manufacturer - Erasul. They actually looked the same except that Teranex is in blue while Erasul was in orange.

On the back of the box, you can find details such as more information about the product, how to use it and the manufacturer details. On one side, the formulation/ingredients are listed for those who would like to know the content of this soap.

Upon opening, the soap is encased in a plastic, and when you remove the plastic wrapper you'll find it inside a thin case of plastic holder too.


The soap is white and transparent and has a faint smell which doesn't really bother me when I'm using it. It reminds me of a soap I used to buy from Flawless (the green transparent soap) and I wonder if it's from the same manufacturer though.

So here's a before photo of my skin. At the moment I currently have an acne breakout on my cheeks, and a giant pimple on my forehead. I am hopeful that this soap will work for me just like the reviews I've seen.

FIRST IMPRESSION (Feb 13, 2022)
When I first started using this soap, after washing my face I felt like my skin has tightened so I guess this soap can be drying? I am not so sure yet as I can also see peeling on my face, but nothing drastic. I do recall reading glycolic acid on the box so maybe that's where the peeling and dryness is coming from. But of course, these effects can be fixed with a good moisturizer so I am not really alarmed. In a way, I am happy to see such effects because it could mean that the product is working, but we will have to see after a month or so.

UPDATE - 1 MONTH OF USING (Mar 22, 2022)
So its been a month since I started using this soap at least twice a day, and here are my thoughts about this product. I've also included a photo a month after using this soap daily and it might not be that obvious on the photos due to photo quality but in person, I can see that the acne scars from before were lighter and less visible than when I first started using this soap. I also cannot recall getting any pimples from using the soap, apart from that 1 week when I had my period.
  • The peeling is no longer there. After more than a month of using, I can no longer see minor peeling on my face. I also don't feel any skin tightening after washing and my face isn't that dry too, compared to the first few days of using this soap
  • Acne marks and old acne scars aren't that obvious in person, while some of the smaller scars have slowly faded.
  • No acne break outs! Yay.

If you ask me, I a really loving this soap! I will continue using this soap and start going back to my skin care routine again slowly. If you're like me who is prone to acne break outs, I'd say you give this soap a try and see if its going to work for you like it did to me. I'll try to give another update once I have fully used up the whole bar of soap maybe after a month or two of continuous usage. Also, I have recently started using a night cream after washing my face so that could be another factor to the changes I've seen but overall, I will 100% recommend this Teranex Gentle Exfoliating Beauty Soap.

7 comments:

  1. any update po? hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. any update po? hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, are you using any other product while using the teranex? tysm po for feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what night cream do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soap is itchy to sensitive skin. Red inflammation I suffered.

    ReplyDelete